Monday, August 2, 2010

NAHA nationalsl

Well I competed in the NAHA nationals this past weekend. Unfornately the results I wanted didn't happen but I least made 200lbs again, and had a good time.

1st event
Axle press for reps 220lbs
Unfornately only got 1 rep, my back tweaked when I brought the weight back down so I decided that I might as well stop. My overhead strength is really in the dumps right now and I must figure it out. Last place

2nd event
Braemer Stone
Got 3rd place on this, I hate this event with a passion and I have a lot of work to do to get better at it.

3rd event
LWFD 28#
In practice I had been consistently getting over 40', here today the best I could manage was 36' lousy feet. Not sure what was up with me but after watching the video I did everything wrong. 3rd place

4th event
500# tire flip
finished in 44.xx 2nd place, I could have been alot faster here, but I was getting exhausted from the heat.

5th event
WOB 42#
cleared 13', but should have opened higher. I wasn't sure how my back was feeling and didn't want to mess up. 3rd place

6th event
Keg carry and load
200, 220, 250 20 feet away over 48" bar
Finished in 22.xx 1st place

I finished in 3rd place overall. I left alot of points on the board in events I should have done better on, but it is over with now and I just have to look to the future. I am not sure what is on the horizon for me right now. I plan on doing a highland games next month and I think putting on 10lbs of quality weight would really benefit me for getting more distance on certain events, also I need to practice alot. Second I think I am gonna do powerlifting meet in November, I would like to go to Reno for the NAS Nationals but it close to my wifes birthday and Thanksgiving so really not the best timing. As much as I want to be a national champion it is not worth spending the money. I can 10 meets for the price of doing the big one.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment