Friday, November 2, 2012

Quad Cities Strongman writeup

Going into this contest I was very nervous, been a long time since I had competed. Ended up making weight no problem actually weighed in 3.5lbs under the limit(Dammit could have been eating.) The morning of the contest I was a nervous mess, thought I was gonna puke, but the worst was my legs were like jello.

1st event Axle clean and press 220lbs
Ended up getting 6 reps, just couldn't get stable and had terrible leg drive. Still not terrible and good for 2nd place.

2nd Event Car Hold(the one that bit me in the ass)
So I made a horrible mistake and taped my fingers and thumb so I could hook grip the handles and not worry about tearing my thumb in half. Well this was just fucking stupid on my part the minute I picked up the car the tape started slipping and I was fighting the tape not the handles. 9.xx last place.

3rd event 12" height deadlift 455lbs for reps, up and down call
Ended up getting 11 reps for a nice PR, was really happy about this event.

4th Event Arm Over Arm truck pull 80'
This event turned more into a who knew how to do it better than about strength, I wish I would have realized how light it was as I would have just used my arms instead of my whole body which slowed me down and caused a bunch of slack. Oh well 34.xx 3rd place.

5th Event 270 stone over 48" bar
Got going and nailed out 9 reps 1st place.

Ended up finishing in 3rd, screwing up the car DL cost me, live and learn. It felt good to get out there again and I really hope next year I can do about 3-4 competitions.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment