Monday, December 3, 2012

Thoughts on training for the next couple months.

So the year is almost over and I really I didn't accomplish much of anything this year. I did manage to compete a few times, but I didn't really live up to what I am capable of. I tried some new things this year some were smart, some not so much. Here is what I am thinking of doing for a couple months.

I am gonna attempt to try the juggernaut training system. I will be using the inverted method as I like this setup much better and I think it will help me achieve my goals better.  But I will not be using it for my squat. I know how my legs react to things and this would kill me. Call me a pussy but I am a whiny bitch enough of the time, don't need to do something that makes it even worse. For my squat I will go back to 5-3-1 or high volume 5-3-1. This has always worked well for me. Now I will also add some of my own ideas and tweaks also. Here is what I will be hoping to do.

Monday-Shoulders and some biceps
I will use Juggernaut for my Strict Press but I will first do push presses or push jerks. If I strict press constantly I forget how to use my leg drive.
So I will work up to singles or triples on push pressing or push jerking and then do strict presses. This will probably suck, so might as well give it a shot.
Then I will finish with whatever assistance and such.

Tuesday-Deadlifts and upperback
Juggernaut for my deads
Heavy bent over rows or DB rows
some type of bodyweight row
core

Thursday-Bench and triceps
I haven't decided if I wanna use juggernaut or 5-3-1 for sure here yet. Still on the fence.
Rotation of dips, floor presses, db presses
Rotation of extensions, pressdowns
Pullups or Pulldowns

Friday-Squats. I might squat on Thursday after I bench but if I don't Fridays will be squat day.
5-3-1 for squats either regular 5-3-1 or high volume style.
Goodmornings or 45 degree hyperextensions
core

Sunday-Strongman day
Whatever I feel like doing.

I am gonna set my working maxes at:
Strict Press-205lbs
Bench Press-300lbs
Squat-330lbs
Deadlift-500lbs

Now with any luck I can stick to the routine. Also I gotta be smart and do the de load weeks, these are hard for me to do as I just wanna go ahead and lift.

Really I just wanna do this as it seems like it will be hard, and I need a new challenge.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment