Monday, April 15, 2013

Thoughts on my training, what I plan on doing this year, and my goals.

So far this year my training seems spot on. I am using a combination of the Cube method and 5/3/1. I like the cube for my squat and deadlift but I know how to make my overhead work better with 5/3/1. So far I think its working, I have got some log PRs as of late and that is always good. My deadlift and squat are coming back and I hope to be getting the numbers I was hitting last year within the next couple of months.

I keep fighting the urge to want to lose weight, in reality this is fucking stupid. Some days I let what normal people think get in my head. Fuck them, I can be strong and still be in good cardio shape. Granted I could be eating healthier, but I am enjoying myself.

Right now I am pretty sure I know most of my strengths and weaknesses. I still have good loading ability, good foot speed on moving events. But my weaknesses are my legs, they need lots of work and they are what is giving out on me in the car deadlift, keg medley, and loading events for reps. But my squats are moving up, and I am hitting PRs weekly on the car DL, so things are on the right track.

Here are what meets I hope to do this year :
1. Gus Lohman Memorial
2. MacPherson Highland Games
3. Omaha Open Powerlifting meet

Goals for each meet :
Gus:
Top 3 in my weight class
Only real goal here.

Mac Games:
Top 3 in my class
again same goal

Omaha Open:
400+ shirted bench
600+ deadlift

Of these 3 the Omaha Open will be the hardest as I don't really train my bench and I will have to learn the shirt again.


Other Goals I have for this year.
1.Load my bitch of a 400# stone to 48"
2.300# press, this is something I have been chasing for a long time and there is no reason I shouldn't have gotten by now.
3.Bench 350 close grip, this will actually require me to bench more often.
4. Strict Press my bodyweight, I have come close, so close to this.
5. Deadlift over 600#s, I don't care if it is 601 lbs I will be happy with anything over 600 lbs.
6. Squat 400 lbs for reps, again something I should have been doing a long time ago.
I will probably add more things throughout the year, but for right now these are things I want to concentrate on.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment