Monday, March 22, 2010

100% RAW powerlifting meet

This weekend I competed in the 100% RAW Nebraska powerlifting contest. I don't train powerlifting that much anymore and trained for this along with my strongman training. Overall I am happy with how the results went. I think I overtrained my deadlift, as after watching the video I was not putting my hips through and locking out smoothly like I had been training.


Here is the breakdown of how things went.

Bench(used a close grip)

1st attempt

275 easy 3 whites

2nd attempt

303 easy 3 whites

3rd attempt

314 not so easy but locked it out 3 whites

I was happy with the bench as this a competition close grip PR.


Deadlift

1st attempt

512 easy wasted openeer 3 whites

2nd attempt

551 felt like crap but 3 whites and RAW competition PR

3rd attempt

573 miss


I look back at my training now and realize what I could have done differently. Training for both powerlifting and strongman are definately two opposing forces to train for me. But I had a good meet and after thinking about it for a few days I am happy with the results. Might do another powerlifting meet this year, but probably won't be the 100% RAW stuff, it is great organization but I don't like not being able to bench on my toes.



No comments:

Post a Comment