Sunday, February 13, 2011

Deciding what to do?

So a couple of months ago, I decided I was gonna lose weight. This is easy for me to do, as I have done it many times. But I found a powerlifting meet I wanna do and so I decided to bulk up. Now I am hoping things will work out for me and I will put up some big numbers this coming weekend. But also now I am wondering, how could this new bulk help for highland games competitions? I haven't been able to go throw yet, but I can tell in some areas I think this is a gonna help. But the question is, is it really worth carrying this extra weight?

I wanna succeed in highland games alot, I find it very challenging and fun. I also wanna succeed at strongman and powerlifting. But I personally don't think you can really do both of them at the same time very well. More so with highland games and powerlifting, I am sure there are people who can but I don't think I can. There is a possibility that I might not be doing many strongman competitions this year, as I think that if I wanna reach my goal of winning a B class highland games and getting to being an A class thrower I will have to maybe pick my battles.

I am still not sure as to my decision yet, really my body doesn't like the extra weight. My knees have been hurting alot more than usual, and I get acid reflux. But I guess that is the price you pay if you wanna succeed.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment