Saturday, February 19, 2011

Midwest Powerlifting Championships Writeup

Today I competed in a powerlifting meet with my daughter. Honestly I left some on the platform, unfornately I got to a point due to some things that angered me that I really didn't give a shit what happened.

My daughter Gabby ended up deadlifting 99lbs, missing 110lbs. She psyched herself out for this lift as I know she could have done it easily, but she kept saying she didn't think she could do it. She got very emotional after missing it and it hurt me to see her miss the lift and feel bad. I think this also played a part in how I did.

Here is how I did.

Bench
1st 308lbs good
2nd 325lbs good Meet PR
3rd passed, tweaked my pec.

Deadlifts. During warmups, my daughter was lifting so I was running back and forth warming up and watching her. I didn't want to miss any of her lifts, as she would have been very dissapointed in me had I not been there.

Warmups felt good for the most part, but my pulled pec muscle was really starting to cramp up and I could feel it on my pulls.

1st 540lbs good and easy
2nd 578 miss really felt it on my pec here
3rd same

Strict Curl
1st 105lbs easy
2nd 115 lbs easy
3rd 125 lbs easy PR

Overall it was a good experience, and I am happy I did it. Gabby was so excited to win a trophy and I was happy to see her do well. My performance was ok, my deadlift pisses me off but what was I supposed to do. Quite frankly getting injured for a trophy is not worth it to me, so maybe I didn't push it as hard as I could. Now it is time to train for some highland games and strongman.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment