Thursday, February 10, 2011

A little ranting.............

So today I met a person who is a personal trainer and has been one for 8 years. So I thought why not pick this guys brain and find out some things. First he ask me is what certifications I have, when I tell him that I don't have one yet(all I have to do is take my test) he basically scoffs at me and starts bragging about his own certs. While I tell him nice job on all his education, hell I even complimented him, he basically told me that I would have no chance training people at his gym(this will remain nameless) as I probably don't know what I am doing.

So I then proceed to pick his brain about real training, which in turn he knew nothing about. I then told him, that I was glad that I wouldn't be able to work at his gym, cause I plan on training people in my own facility and I will train them with my own philosophy of training.

So this pencil neck twit says to me "sounds like you are gonna be a very broke trainer." My answer, I might be yes but I will be sticking to my own beliefs and doing things my way. Granted this guy wouldn't know what a real deadlift is, let alone a olympic squat. I may not have alot of education, nor do I have 3 different certifications, but I do know when I proceed on this journey I will be bringing 16 years of experience and mistakes, and I will do a great job on helping people get stronger, healthier, and in better shape. I just can't wait for the day that I am successful and by successful I am not talking monetary, just having some clients to train and helping them achieve their goals. When this day happens I just wanna let this guy know, in reality he could give 2 shits less, but it will make me feel better.

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. I think you could feel pretty decent already just by the success that people have that train in your gym. None of us can probably do a pistol squat with 20 pound dumbells over our head while standing on a swiss ball, but everyone kicks ass and improves all the time.

    ReplyDelete