Sunday, August 14, 2011

Highlands and Strongman day

The day started out terrible, but ended great. I got up early to go throw with Mike Sissel, this went absolutely terrible. I couldn't get anything to feel right at all. The only decent thing that went good was the LWFD where I managed to throw 47' and change, but everything else was pathetic. If the hammers were mine I would have snapped the stupid things in half.

Went home to do strongman training, now I am not gonna lie I wasn't expecting much to happen today as I felt beat to shit, and I am not suprised as I pushed the limits this week with the weights. But training ended up ok and I can't complain with the results today.

Log Press
200 x 3
220 x 1
240 x 2 these were terrible almost all strict pressed, if I can ever figure out leg drive on the log I will be set.

Incline log
240 x 5, should have done more as dickhole Troy decided to one up me.

Farmers Walks
230 each hand x 120 feet with a turn, finally some progress with my grip. The last ten feet though I was holding the farmers but the last inch of my fingers. I really need to get my right hand looked at, aftter NAHA I will.
260 each hand x 60 feet.

Tire Flip/Keg Carry medley
600ish Tire x 3 flips/250 keg carry 60 feet. This went good finished in around 30 sec, I can do this faster when I have a better setup, in the driveway we run out of room with the tire in the way.

Prowler pushes
270lbs x 3 trips of 60 feet. This is actually a PR for me as I have never been able to use this much weight and 2 of the trips were uphill, we were gonna do more sets but I had to get inside.

Overall a good day, I think this week it is time to go lighter and work back up for 4 weeks. Gonna try and up the conditioning this week as I slacked last week and get some good throwing in Wednesday. Also we had some new guys come over today Dan Bunch and Josh Haggin, both of them put in some great work and set some PRs.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment