Sunday, August 28, 2011

Past couple of workouts

My past couple of workouts have really sucked, but I am pretty sure I know the problem and I am working on correcting it.

Friday
Started out with WOB 56#er
Just couldn't put it together on these today, I made 11' but couldn't get to 12' to save my life. I can't remember the last time I couldn't get 12'

Box squats with chocked purples
225 x 2 x 8 sets
These were actually nice and fast.

Farmers run
230 each hand x 120 feet turn at 60'
Not bad, actually felt pretty easy

Prowler suicide
45 on each post
low handles down, high handles back
80',60',40',20'
Wow this sucked, can't believe I made it through this.

Hang cleans
just used some light weight and worked on exploding.

Sunday
I got up early and was gonna practice throwing, but it wasn't feeling right. The heavy hammer went OK, but the open stone was terrible.

Strongman training back at home. I could tell my legs were exhausted I had no pop and they were shaky.
Log press
140 x 3
180 x 3
200 x 3
215 x 1
230 x 1 x 2 sets just couldn't get any leg drive I wanted to do reps here but it was not to be today.

Farmers
I wanted to try a heavier set, but my grip sucked on heavier weight today.(Not that my grip is all that good anyway.)
260 each hand x who cares basically I made it to 60' dropped them and then went a little further.
210 x 2 trips of 120 feet these were fast, but they were light so they should have been.

Tire Flips
600ish tire x 3 x 3  Not bad, it had rained earlier so I was tenative to grab the tire and flip it hard.

Keg Carries
250 x 2 trips of 60 feet timed the 2 run 1 was 9 sec and the other mid 8s
220 x 1 trip of 60 feet did this one in 7.xx

Prowler push
450lbs x 60 feet PR
650lbs x 60 feet Huge PR, this was brutal. I think I have a little more in me but that will be saved for another day.

That was it for today. I definately am in need of some extra recovery stuff, maybe a massage tommorrrow.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment