Sunday, August 7, 2011

Strongman and some throwing

Ok day today, some things went good some things went bad. But I learned from what mistakes I made.

Throwing did some open stone, hammer, and LWFD. I learned that having some gorilla grip left on hand doesn't mix well on the LWFD. This actually was something I forgot about and learned later.

Went home and did strongman training.

Log press
warmup
230 x 3 x 3 this is some sort of PR as I have never done this much volume with 230, hell I think my best rep set is 5 reps. Starting to get a lot of things figured out on the log.

Incline log
230 x 5 stopped here wasn't feeling this today.

Farmers walks
2 sets of 120 feet with a turn with 235 these were utterly complete shit. 1st set I screwed up the turn and didn't have room to fix it so I had to put it down, 2nd set was going good but I dropped them at about 100 feet. I then realized hey dipshit you never washed the gorilla grip off your hands. Gorilla grip and chalk don't mix well. Lessoned learned..

Keg carrys
270 keg x 60 feet x 2 sets

Prowler
10 sets of 60 feet with 180 lbs.

Still a good workout, it was hot towards the end.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment