Saturday, September 17, 2011

NAHA Nationals

I competed in the NAHA nationals today. It was a decent day overall, I got some PRs and had a good time with some friends. I decided to go heavyweight to really challenge myself, and challenge myself I did.

1st event Open Stone
I ended up with a best of 31' 8" good enough for 2nd but I have more in me.

2nd event Heavy Hammer
Okay 1st I am still very mad at myself here, as I completely forgot everything I learned on how to do this correctly and it really showed.
I ended up with a best of 60' 9 3/4" 3rd place.

3rd event WOB
I only got 11' missed 12' right at the bar 3 times in a row. Not sure what happened here. 2nd place.

4th event Max Log
My legs were shaky as hell at this point, so I opened light.
1st attempt 220 good
2nd attempt 240 good
3rd passed
2nd place

5th event Farmers Walk 265 each hand 120 feet with a turn
I finished in 38.xx huge PR for me as I have never finished farmers this heavy. Had I got the turn better I think I could have won this event. 2nd place.

6th event 600# tire flip 3 flips carry 270# keg 60'
Finished in 29.xx for a PR and the event win.

Overall it was a good day, we ended up with a 3 way tie for 1st and I took home 3rd on countbacks. So I a sweet trophy, 50$, and some egg whites. Not too shabby for throwing stuff and picking up things.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment