Thursday, September 22, 2011

Upperbody

I figured I might as well do some testing on a few lifts to see how bad they have gotten. I tested my strict press and bench press today.

Strict Press
110 x 5
160 x 3
180 x 1
200 x 1
220 x 1
230 x 2 misses
So I have set a goal of getting a bodyweight strict press by December 26th. This is my 35th birthday and gives me 3 months to get it. I was around 242 this morning, so with any luck I can lose a few pounds and keep my strength.

Bench Press
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 1 pause
300 x 1 pause
These were easy, but my wife was spotting me and I didn't want to go too heavy and freak her out.

DB Floor Press
80s x 8,8,12
I forgot how great these are and will definately be doing them more often.

Kind of a quick workout, but I will take it. I need to lay out my training for the next couple of months now.

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Looking strong Jesse, I agree with you, I love Dumbbell presses. I lost one of my adjustable dumbbells last year and haven't found it. I don't want to spend the extra cash for another!

    strengthfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete