Sunday, June 6, 2010

Event day training

Last day of training before the Gus Lohman Missouri's Strongest Man Contest.

Strict presses
worked up to 180 x 1 which was way too hard, so I stopped here.

Conans Carry with super yoke
410lbs x 120 feet
This felt decent, didn't want to push it too hard.

Truck Pull simulation with sled
800lbs x 50ish feet
Tried 1000lbs, but it was too much for me. Moved it about 10 feet and I was spent.

Backwards sled drags
600lbs x 60 feet x 2 sets

Low handle prowler pushes
3 trips of 60-80 feet

Sledghammer swings
3 sets of 10 each arm

Woodchoppers
2 sets of 10 each side.

Feeling good. I don't know if I am 100% prepared, but are you ever really that ready. I am still waiting to see if I have the day off from work. I don't know if I will do as well as I would like, but I do know that I want to go to compete regardless of the outcome. With any luck next week I will be typing another blog post about my performance, and hopefully it will be a good one.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment