Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Achieving goals

Goals what are they? Are they something that we strive to achieve or are they something that we constantly throw out there but never attain. For some people they are both and I think all of us can admit to that. Sometimes you just gotta throw something out there to keep you motivated, and sometimes that goal just seems so crazy you never know if you will get it. You fight to get it for years and years, and it just seems like it is getting further and further away. But no matter what you keep that goal in your mind, cause someday your gonna get that damn goal.

I achieved one of those long time goals tonight. I think I have been talking about deadlifting 600lbs for a good 4-5 years. I always kept going after smaller goals, but that 600 was in the back of my mind. For years it seemed so far away, even the closer I got it still seemed unattainable. But I knew back in my mind that it was gonna come some day. Now all I can think about is how long 700lbs is gonna take, it could be next year, but it could take another 5 years, but no matter what I am gonna keep chasing it.

Never lose sight of your goals, once you lose sight you lose your drive to keep pushing it. Just remember that just because you miss something the first time, doesn't mean you won't get it again another time.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment