Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decisions, decisions, decisions.....

Unfornately I am one of those people who is constantly changing my mind on what I want to do with my strength goals. Right now I am probably the strongest I have ever been, I like this, but it is more a strength that is good for powerlifting, that is not to say it is not good for strongman but I personally think I am more suited for the goals I want to be lighter. Now if I prepare right I can still be a damn good strongman as a lightweight, and my ultimate goal is to win a national title. Now that is not to say I cannot do this as a 231, I just know there are certain areas I need alot of work at and quite frankly I am more suited to get better at these areas as a lighter person.

Now the problem that arises with getting smaller is mentally it can be exhausting. You start to lose strength, you start to wonder is this worth it, and you then you remember "fuck I like to eat junk food!" If I decide that it is time to get my weight down, I have to stick with it. I try to do this last year and I went all about wrong, I lost weight too fast and then freaked out and decided I needed to gain weight back.

One of the biggest factors in my decision is I will be in a financial position to be able to afford doing what I want to do next year. I will have the money to afford nationals, something I didn't have this year.

Right now I am not sure as to what I want to do, I actually feel comfortable with where I am at now. But at the same sense, I am not in as good of shape as I was as a lightweight, my joints hurt more when I am heavier. Now there are certain things that work better for me when I am heavier. My upperbody strength goes through the roof, I have put up some good numbers as a lightweight but nothing like I have as heavy. I am just as fast as a lightweight as I am heavier, I can just support heavier weights alot better, I do recover quicker,and I am more explosive. I can be a miserable prick at times, especially since I like junk food. If I want to be a powerlifter I need to stay where I am at weight wise, but if I wanna be a successful strongman I need to get lighter I think.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment