Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Shitty ME deadlift workout

So I am definately figuring out some things that I need to change on my deadlift workout. But I think for the most part today was just a shitty workout. Tommorrow is high carb day and I can't wait.

Sumo Deads
135 x 5
225 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1
445 x miss WTF!!! Not box squatting has really changed this lift for me.
475 x 1 conventional this felt like shit, switching from sumo to conventional in a workout is a stupid idea
downset conventional
405 x 8 easy, should have done 10 but my thumbs were killing me

Back Squats no belt
315 x 1 x 10 sets
These felt good, took about 4 sets before I found my groove, but based off how I felt on deads I thought these were gonna suck.

Superset Bent over rows with Long strap ab
5 x 10 and 5 x 20

Overall it was a great night, one of my projects Randy is really making some great gains every week. Very happy with how things are going for him.

I need to decide soon if I wanna keep this goal of going down more weight. I am actually very happy with how I feel right now. I think what I have been doing is at least helping me keep my strength somewhat, but I need to go back to reps on my deadlifts. It is what has always increased my deadlift.

Jesse

2 comments:

  1. Man, I used to like sumo but making the switch from conventional to sumo sucks! Have you been happy with your gains from sumo pulling lately?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan I hardly ever pull sumo, it was just something to do for today. When I pulled sumo all the time I had a best of 570 with room to spare. I like them more as an assistance exercise.

    ReplyDelete