Thursday, December 8, 2011

Upperbody, back to what got my strong.

So I followed more of a WSB method for the past month or so to help maintain strength while I was losing weight. It worked somewhat, but now that I am only losing about 3-4 pounds a month strength loss shouldn't be an issue and getting stronger should be on the agenda. So it is back to 531, always works and always gives results for me.

Close grip bench (training max 270, yep starting low.)
135 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5
230 x 10
Nice to be benching over my bodyweight for 10 reps, but my bench still sucks.

Incline DB press
40 x 10
50 x 10
60 x 10
70 x 10
80 x 10 PR not super strict but I will take it.

Pullups
5 x 5

Dips
4 x 10
was gonna do a 5th set but I almost face planted on the 10th rep on the 4th set, tris were shot.

Curls
3 x 5

What I thought was gonna be a complete crap workout, turned out to be a damn good one. My buddy Randy came over. Randy is sort of a project for me right now, I got him only lifting 2 days a week and he is making tremendous progress. We have set some goals for him and I believe he will be crushing all of these in about 4-5 weeks.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment