Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Squat and deadlift workout and some reflections of the past year.

Not a bad workout today, probably would have went better had I not decided to slice my finger open right before my heavy set of deadlifts. But thankfully I have almost learned how to use straps and it worked out ok. I also smashed my hand moving bar to use for deadlifts, so the workout wasn't starting out to great. I had other plans.

Deadlifts
135 x 3
225 x 3
315 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 9 PR, 10 would have happened but my form was breaking down on 9, not worth pulling a shitty rep.

Back squats
285 x 1 x 10 sets
I probably did these with about 30 minutes rest in between each rep, ok I am exagertating but I wasn't rushing them.

Chest supported rows
5 x 10

Abs
6 sets

I learned a lot this year, and had some let downs. But truthfully I think I expected too much out of myself. Who does not though. I was dissapointed to see that I don't think I hardly got a single one of my goals this year. But life was rather chaotic at moments, and then I realize I got some ever bigger accomplishments that are worth more than any weight I lifted.

1. I got a college degree
2. I spent more time with my family
3. I helped my daughter compete 3 times(She got stronger every meet)
4. I got my wife lifting and getting in health in general.
5. I learned a lot about myself
6. I helped a decent amount of people get healthier and stronger this year.
7. I made more friends this year and have a fantastic group of friends to train with.

While I would have liked to deadlifted more then ever, or clean and pressed 300lbs. I think this things right here mean more. I think 2012 is going to be a better year lifting wise, and life in general. I am getting my weight back down, where I am stronger, healthier, and happier. I may never be a National Champion or a World class athlete, but I know for sure I have helped a few get there.

Jesse

1 comment: