Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Knowing when that time is right......

Someone asked me the other day, that if I knew when the right time is to go for a PR. My response was no, half the time when I get PR on lift it is unexpected. Now I have had many workouts where I planned on going after a PR and I got that PR. But more often than not, I start to workout and I get that feeling off "Hey I am gonna lift more weight than I ever have today." I am sure everyone knows this feeling I am speaking of, things are going along and next you know "Shit I feel strong, let do this!!!"

Monday I got an all-time box squat PR of 510lbs. This was actually a day that I normally do not workout, but Tuesday was my wifes and I's 8th wedding anniversary, and this week was a deadlift deload workout. So I was gonna do just a light speed box squat workout, but as I doing my sets everything felt light. So I started working up and was like "Shit I am getting a PR tonight, the strong mojo is going good tonight." And I did just that, got my PR.

Sometimes you just gotta go against what you have planned for the day if things feel good. Those days of getting a PR can be fewer and fewer, and if the feeling is there go for it. I will say though, I have been sore as hell for a few days now, but it is worth all the pain to get that.

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love that "This is it! I fucking got this! I'm feeling strong as hell today!" feeling!

    ReplyDelete