Monday, January 25, 2010

Setting Goals

I have already made my list of goals I want to achieve this year, but I always hear people ask how do you stay motivated. Well it is not always easy, you have to have a different train of thought than most people. I am one of those people that even when I do really well I can find 10 things I could have done better. Last year I won 3 contest, but at 2 of them I won 4 of the 5 events and this made me unhappy. I came away with the win, but I still wanted more. I think this is what separates people who lifts weights from people who train. Every workout I want to set PRs, it doesn't always happen but that is the goal. One way to always keep motivated is know what your PRs are on every little lift. I was feeling a little burned out the other day so I knew I needed something to keep me happy. Well I hadn't done rack pulls from above the knee in a long time, so I did them and set a 25# PR. Hell some weeks I will set a stupid PR on something like curls, DB rows, pullups, etc..... Setting PRs is what keeps me going, that and having something to train for. I am hoping to get to compete this weekend in a powerlifting meet, if I do I will go for a DL pr. My bench unfornately is not where I want it to be but I will still try to set a PR.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment