Sunday, January 24, 2010

Somewhat event training day

Had a less than stellar workout on friday, but it was something. Actually it was a good amount of work I just didn't feel all that strong. Had some good training today, and I am happy with how things are coming along. But I need to start working on my overhead pressing strength alot. I am training for a powerlifting meet right now and I am not able to do both without overtraining. So once this powerlifting training is done, it is back to getting my overhead back up to par.

Thick DB clean and press
95x16 reps 8 each arm. I felt happy about his until Corey knocked out 20 reps way easier and faster than my 16. But I did get a PR eating prime rip from the night before and needless to say I was still very full from it.

Axle presses
160x3
180x3
200x7 just out of gas here.

Rack pulls just above the knee.
worked up to 700x1
and then 750x1 which I believe is a PR.

Stones
330x1x5sets
These felt good. Worked on fast lap to load.

Sledgehammer swings x 20 supersetted with woodchoppers with bands x 10 3 times nonstop.

Overall this was a good workout. I am really looking forward to some warm weather to do some outside training. I could be tough and go outside, but screw that I have done it for the past couple years and I don't ever really feel that it has benefited me when I have done it.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment