Sunday, January 17, 2010

Strongman day

Had a decent day today. I am finally learning that the battle is not won in 1 workout, just gotta fight to the good fight to keep healthy.

Thick DB one arm presses. Wanted to see where I was with these. Was not happy

60x5 each arm
105x3 each arm
125x1 right arm miss left
135xmiss each arm

This thing just sucks, but I will get better at it.

Axle clean and press. Lowering the weight alot and working on explosion
160x5
175x5
190x10

18" Deadlift
315x3
405x1
455x1
500x4 happy about his working on really driving with legs, I could have grinded out more reps but they would have been ugly and that is not the goal right now.

Triset
axle bent over rows x8, band rows x 10, DB rows x 12 x 3 sets this was a nice burn

Keg load
250 keg x 20 load from lap legs were toast after this nice finisher.

Overall I am happy with how my workouts are coming along. I am 8 weeks out from my powerlifting meet and 14 weeks out from my first strongman comp of the year. Everything right now is mostly about getting back in strongman shape and working on good form.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment