Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Training partners

I was sitting here thinking of what is one of the most important things to me for my training. Everything comes into play with my training how I have been eating, how many sets did I do, did I rest enough, but without having someone to tell me hey you could have done this, or you didn't sink your squat low enough. Without a good training partner workouts can be completely worthless, and the same can be said for a shitty training partner.

I have had alot of people I have worked out with over the years, but none near as good as the group I train with now. Most of the guys I workout with will tell me "Hey your being a pussy today, so could you knock it off!" I come to expect this and they will get the same from me. I have had people come to my gym for one workout only to never comeback as they have said we are too intense or I have told them not to come back as they didn't bring anything to the table.

I have a good group of training partners each one possessing their own unique qualities for helping me out. Corey always pushes me to have better overhead workout as he constantly presses more than me and weighs 30lbs less, Mac pushes me to work harder on my conditioning, loading stones and kegs as fast as him, Zack is a beast and although I can almost never keep up with him strength wise it pushes me to try and get to his level, Jason is all around a threat at any lift and I have to keep on my toes to try and stay ahead of him(But on a side not he is currently kicking my ass of all lifts). These are 4 main friends I lift with, nothing is more fun than some of us getting in a pissing match on who can do what better, faster, or just lift more.

Without great training partners one can achieve great things, but with someone to constantly push you to the limits you can achieve greater feats. To my training partners thank you for always pushing me and helping me achieve greater lifts.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment