Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Upperbody and Lowerbody days

Yesterday I did some upperbody work, it wasn't the best workout but it was effecient and worthhwhile. Today was lowerbody and it was a tremendous workout.

Yesterday
Axle clean and press
165x3
190x3
215x6 just ran out of gas.

Close grip bench with chains
main sets
185 + 5 sets of 1/2" chain x 3
185 + 6 sets of 1/2" chain x 3
185 + 7 sets of 1/2" chain x 1
Not bad but my best is 225 x 1 + 7 sets of chain, so I have alot of work to do to get my triceps back up to par.

Hammer Curls
3x8

Cut the workout short is was Corey's birthday and we had plans to go out.

Todays workout
Power Cleans
main sets
205 x 3 x 5 sets these felt nice and explosive, but for some reason my power cleans are quite weak right now and 205 will feel like a feather then I go to 225 and it feels terrible. But I also think alot this comes from my lack of flexibility in my wrist and makes it harder for me to catch the weight.

Box squats
no belt, loose suit bottoms
330 x 2 x 8 sets
The first couple of sets were terrible but by set 4 I was feeling my groove and the weight was feeling lighter. This is a PR of sorts as I have never handled this weight with no belt and for this many sets.

Dumbell snatch medley
50 x 3 then 60 x 3 then 70 x 3 then 80 x 3 did each DB with each hand before moving on to the next one. This winded the hell out of me, so I only did 1 medley.

Triset
Green band pulldown abs x 20, calf raises x 20, DB SLDs x 10 x 3 sets

Overall happy with how things are feeling. Looking forward to next month.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment