Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas time

I don't know why but this time of the year always seem to put me in a dismal mood. I absolutely hate christmas music, if just drives me up the fucking wall!!! And everywhere you go you are hearing it, makes me wanna stick a pen in my ear. Plus everyone is in such a hoopla about what they have to do, what they are gonna be going, etc... I had finally learned a couple years ago that this time of the year is about giving, and that is about the only thing that makes me feel good to do. We started donating presents a couple years ago to toys for tots, or the angel trees, ect.. I have to say it makes me feel good to do it. I hope I can continue to do this for quite a while. I wish I would do more acts of kindness for people, but sometimes I just think there alot of people out there being scammers and I don't always know who to trust. I hope before christmas is over, that I will be able to do some other things for some other people in some way, maybe they need groceries, maybe their kids need clothes, who knows I just know it makes me feel good to do that for somebody. One last thing I will say is that I feel very fortunate to have a job right now, I won't lie and say I love my job. As with any job, somedays I hate it, somedays I love it, other days I just don't fucking care. But I feel fortunate to be able to provide for my family and have a income.


Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Jesse, you are a paradox in the best way...you say you hate Christmas and yet, you say what you enjoy about it is giving to others and thta action makes you happy. That is the true spirit of Christmas...giving of yourself without accepting recognition for doing so. While Christmas has bedcome over commercialized, like so many other holidays that began as celebrations of spiritual significance, it is the truth of personal expression that is what matters. We can't stop others from expressing themselves in a way that is disonate from our personal paradigms, but we can enjoy the moment for the way we choose to walk into it. Keep seeking ways to give of yourself and know that each of us are living a reality within a multitude of realities (a la "The Matrix") and sometimes people just don't know any othe way until they are called to find a different way of seeing.

    ReplyDelete