Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some props to my training crew

This has been a very good year so far for the Jobe's Steel Jungle training group. Chuck Kasson has joined our group and made it stronger, and started his competitive year out winning the Texas Strongest Man contest in the heavyweights. Chuck also recently pulled 605lbs for an alltime PR in the deadlift. Corey Kenkel recently took 3rd in a very competitive lightweight class at the Kansas Strongest man and then 3 days later pulled an all-time PR of 545lbs in the Deadlift. Mac Capello has decided to bulk up and has been getting PRs every workout, he will be a force in the middleweights this year and I expect some battles between him and myself. I myself haven't done all that much this competitive wise, but I have gotten some nice PRs and did manage to get a sponsor for my lifting from Staley Training Systems. I think this year will be a great year from our group, last year Zack Best won a national championship in the 265 class at the NAS nationals. I fully expect to see a couple of us get a podium finish this year at nationals. There is more to come this year from all the other guys Jason Bourgoin, Glenn Melnick(2nd place NAHA nats last year), Zack Best(recovering from torn bicep currently). I am happy to call all these gents my training partners, without them my gym wouldn't be what it has become.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment