Thursday, November 17, 2011

Some thoughts about The Carb Nite Solution

About a month ago I was looking for something new to try as far as diet goes. In the past I have used Very Low Carb methods, and mostly carb cycling. Results wise carb cycling has always treated me well, but there is a lot of preparation and some days it could be a hassle. One benefit about carb cycling is I always got to have carbs, but I was usually eating 6-7 times a day. Not that I mind eating that much, but somedays at work it was hard to do that.

Earlier this year, I had noticed everybody talking about this Keifer who had researched and developed a better way of losing weight and fat, and you got to eat junk food. WHAT eating junk food and I can lose weight and fat, sign me the hell up! Most of my reading led me to Carb Backloading, which in the future I will definately be doing. Once I actually did some better googling, I find out about the Carb Nite Solution. This definately sounded like what I was interested in doing. So I bought the E-book and did some serious reading. While I was reading the book I started thinking of different things I had done in the past but obviously what I was doing wrong and failing. Almost everything I read made complete sense, and some of it didn't. I think I spent the whole night reading the book and jotting down ideas of what I need to do.

I got my wife on board to do this with me and we both have been on this for 4 weeks. Obviously the first couple weeks I lost weight fast, I think the first week I lost 6-7lbs, 2nd week 3-4lbs, and now about 1.5lbs a week. But the biggest thing I have noticed how much fat I am losing. My initial goal was to try and lose about 30lbs, but now I am realizing that I don't care how much weight I lose but if I can keep losing more fat the scale number doesn't matter to me.

One thing that I truly love is the carb nite, I am still figuring this out but I have had some pretty epic carb up nites. Burgers, fries, cookies, doughnuts, ice cream, pizza, and pie you are my friends. I am actually quite amazed at how much I can eat on these nights also, as typically in the past when I am eating less I cannot eat much on carb up days. But as long as I keep eating enought protein and fats this is not a problem.

So to sum it up, I have to say for what I want to accomplish The Carb Nite Solution is working great. One thing I need to really work on is doing enough interval training, once I get this done I know I will seeing many more results, but I have been lazy. Once Keifer puts out his Carb Backloading book I will definately buy so I can figure out how I will approach that when it is time for that. 

Thanksgiving is my next Carb Nite is gonna be EPIC!!!

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jesse, that diet sounds interesting. Do you feel like it has worked better then others in the past?

    ReplyDelete