Sunday, March 17, 2013

Strongman day

Decided to do a test day for the events for the Gus Lohman. Overall I am happy with how things went, some good some bad, but I know what I need to work on.

Log Press
worked up to a very hard 240lbs x 1 this was supposed to be clean and press each rep for 60 sec which I was hoping to get 3 or 4. Oh well I think I am gonna just concentrate all my pressing on the log over the next 12 weeks.

Farmers Walks
280 each hand x  80' 15.xx
Once I got it picked up I moved pretty fast, so that is good. Good to know all my grip work is helping.

Car Deadlift Simulator
500lbs x 20 reps in a minute, this has got to be a PR, I hate the Car Deadlift and I really suck at it, this really took all the fortitude I have to finish this. I would like to push this up to 30 reps in a minute by contest time.

Keg Load over a 48" bar
270 keg x 6
I would have easily gotten 2-3 more but the damn keg kept bouncing everywhere making it hard to get it back to me fast.

Keg Carry medley
270 and 290 keg x 60'
Got the 270 but midway through with the 290 I just hit a wall and couldn't finish.

Overall I am happy with this day. Some things don't need much work, others need a lot but with 12 weeks to train I am confident that I can really do well.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment