Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Training

Today started out like crap, I was very tired and very sore. Deloaded on some things then finally got some energy with the nice weather to do some strongman stuff.

Axle clean and press
just worked up to 205 for 2 sets of 3. I haven't really deloaded my press in about 5-6 weeks so this was needed.

Tried to do some continentals to the belt but I was burned out.

Rectangular Fix
75lbs x 3 sets of 5 reps.

Worked on some holdouts from the bottom and top. This lift is hard, very hard and humbling.

Then Corey and I were dicking around doing a 2 man Ciavattone grip on the axle. We worked up to 520lbs and missed 550lbs it was close. I think had we taken a little more rest we would have got it. I was pleased with this.

So Bryan wanted to do Super Yoke, so I figured why not. But wow when you haven't done the yoke in a while it hurts.
450lbs x 50 feet
540lbs x 50 feet
630lbs x 50 feet
Wow I almost forget how to do yoke, but nothing got hurt so that was good. My neck is killing me though. But it was nice to do again.

Keg loads over 48" bar, we had it initially set at 54" but that was too high for everyone to be able to use.
I think we did about 15-16 loads with the 250lbs keg.

Prowler with 90lbs x 90 feet then 25# sledgehammer x 5 each arm x 5 sets

Overall it turned out to be an ok day. Time for a nap.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment