Sunday, January 1, 2012

New years day workout

I figured since it was a new year, why not change things up and have a challenge in the gym. Started out with some pressing and then the challenge started.

Axle Clean and press
110 x 5
160 x 3
200 x 1
220 x 1
240 x 1 progress still gotta figure my technique out.

I have been doing some reading about the USAWA, it is a smaller federation of basically some classic lifts, some different lifts, and some really different lifts. But I find most of them very challenging. So I picked 4 and we had a impromputu competition in the gym.

DBL overhand Axle Deadlift
1st 270 good
2nd 300 good
3rd 320 no good, I have been chasing this weight for a while it is haunting me.

Cheat Curl
1st 185 good
2nd 205 no good
3rd 205 no good
I suck at curls, and after rereading the rules I think we were a little lax on the rules.

Reeves Deadlift
1st 235 good
2nd 250 good
3rd 275 stapled
This lift is hard, very hard. I have never tore a callus on anything but highlands games stuff, this killed my calluses.

Continental to belt
1st 300 good
2nd 315 good
3rd 350 good
extra attempts
365 good
405 so close, I would have  had this on my first attempt but I hit my lever on my belt and it unbuckled. Tried it again and almost had it.

I had a blast with this and I think the guys did to. Once I get everything worked out I am gonna starting hosting USAWA comps in the garage.

What a great way to bring in the new year.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment