Friday, June 3, 2011

Trying to get that competitive feeling back.

I just realized that it has been forever since I competed, at least in something such as strongman or highland games. I don't really count powerlifting meets, as I am really just competing agains't myself half the time. Don't get me wrong getting a PR in a powerlifting meet is worth it, but it doesn't give me the same feeling as competing agains't 10 guys winning or losing. I am attempting to get back in shape and by getting getting back in shape, I mean competition shape.

I think I have figured out what I gotta do, now it is just a matter of getting that fire back. I haven't had it for well over a year, and it is starting to come back. My body is feeling healthy again, not so many aches and pains. Now you always have aches and pains, but I was feeling pain worse than I had ever felt. I never went to a doctor, just did my own research and figured some things to do. Thankfully it worked, still a have a few aches and pains but just the normal.

For right now I think I am not gonna worry about getting back down to 200lbs, if it happens it happens. But I have let my weight settle at 230ish and I am feeling good, and my strength is starting to come back. Hopefully in a about 6-8 weeks I will posting some big numbers I would like to be doing 360lb + stone loads, 300+ farmers walks, 700lb yoke walks, 550lb deads for reps, maybe overhead press 250 for reps. Who knows, I am just going with the flow.

Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Sound like good goals Jesse, I'll be happy with a 550 dead! Reps would be much better though.

    ReplyDelete