Thursday, July 28, 2011

Upperbody day

I think today was about as perfect as you could get weather wise for lifting outside. It was humid but not hot.

I have decided it is time to get shit back on track and so I figured I better see how crappy my strict pressing is, turns out not near as crappy as I thought it would have been.

Strict presses with axle
90 x 5
140 x 3
160 x 1
180 x 1
200 x 1
210 x 1 near max effort, but was very pleased with this. I was so close to a bodyweight strict press last year and I think I can do it this year for sure if I stay on the right track. So I gotta add 25lbs to my strict press and not gain any more weight. Hmmm better go with adding 30-35lbs to my strict press eating has become a second hobby lately LOL!

Bench press
135 x 5
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 1
305 x 1

Close grip Bench
225 x 10 x 3 sets

I am gonna go back to close grip benching all the time, I have no reason to wide grip bench and it is not helping me really.

Tate Presses
3 x 8

Fatbar wrist curls
5 x 10

Hammer curls
3 x 8

Also I did 500 jumps with the jump rope, was gonna do 1000 but the rope broke.  Overall I am very pleased and it feels good to be motivated again, as I haven't had any in a long time.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment