Sunday, January 2, 2011

Thoughts of 2010 and what to expect from 2011.

Well 2010 was not my greatest year competition wise, but I think life wise it was a good year. I didn't perform as well as I am capable of in competition, alot of this is due to the fact that I was a dumbass and didn't do things correctly with my diet and training. Live and learn from your mistakes. I now know what I have to do and so far it seems to be working. I did manage to set quite a few PRs in the gym and have made some new friendships this year. Also I managed to help quite a few people accomplish big goals.

Some highlights
600# raw DL
510# box squat
405# no belt squat
340# close grip bench
270# log press
360# stone x 3 reps
600# frame carry x 60 feet without dropping it
These are just some of my numbers I can remember, I am sure there might be more but I can't remember.

My gym has also really grown. I believe we have 10-12 people now and it is really a great group of people.

My biggest let down of 2010 was my performance in contest. I honestly wasn't able to compete very much and when I did, I didn't perform to my best. But that is in the past, it still pisses me off but nothing I can do about it now.

I look forward now to 2011 and what I can help people do and accomplish myself. One large goal I have to this year is for my friend Mac and I to start our personal training business. This won't happen until later in the year as my other big accomplishment is to graduate with my 2 year degree in May. Quite frankly a 2 year degree isn't really much, but it at least means, I have done something. I will still be working out this first half of the year, but I don't think I will be doing much competing as I want to graduate this spring and to do so it is going to take alot of work, I love competing but getting my degree is more important. Here are some lifting goals I wish to accomplish, I think in a earlier post I put some up so if I mess up some numbers forgive me, I can't remember things all the time.

DL 650lbs
Box squat 550 lbs
Full squat 500lbs
Load my 22" 400# stone
360# stone x 5 reps
18" DL 800#s
Overhead press 300#s I don't care what I do it with or how.
Strict press my bodyweight.
Close grip bench 365

I am sure I have more and will add them as time goes on.

Jesse

No comments:

Post a Comment